Housing Opportunities Unlimited Employment Openings
Position: Relocation Coordinator
Location: Boston, MA
Overall responsibility for the administration and supervision of relocation tasks in compliance with the URA and/or other federal or state regulations.
- Oversee conducting and completion of relocation needs assessments within first two months of contract period.
- Convene community meetings/drop-in sessions to discuss relocation program.
- Draft and distribute notices to affected households regarding relocation program and household assessments.
- Provide relocation counseling and assistance in compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Develop and implement Section 8 unit search (if vouchers issued) and landlord recruitment plans.
- Administer relocation policies as outlined in HUD approved relocation plan.
- Attend all informational sessions and conduct home visits.
- Coordinate flow of information between HOU and residents.
- Work with relocated residents to prepare them for re-occupancy, including assisting with good standing issues, preparing residents for re-occupancy screening, facilitating move services, etc.
- Administer and monitor relocation funds, supplies, and other moving expenses and benefits.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to Central Office staff.
- Submit necessary and requested information to representatives, as needed.
- Initiate and/or maintain regularly scheduled communication, on-site management staff; establish collaborative working relationship with resident organization (if applicable), other personnel and other appropriate third-party supportive services providers.
- Compose and submit all other relocation documents and/or plans required by HOU Central Office staff, in compliance with the URA.
- Ensure all information and notices required under the URA are received by every eligible household.
- Oversee administration of quarterly mail surveys to relocated residents.
- Represent HOU to federal and local agencies of government, the private housing industry, and community groups as necessary.
- Assure the implementation of adopted policies and procedures.
- Update/maintain relocation files, database, lottery list and relocation tracking reports (Section 8, building-by-building, move-out, security deposit, RHP, school transfer); submit database to HOU Central Office staff monthly.
- Assure the staff are appropriately trained and equipped to perform their assigned responsibilities.
- Participate in weekly supervision and scheduled site meetings with Central Office staff.
- Complete all tasks identified in site work plan and perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Required for the Position:
- Fluency in predominant language of community.
- Ability to implement and communicate federal policies and regulations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Skills in sustaining a collaborative, teamwork environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Some relocation experience or experience in a housing-community setting.
- Knowledge of surrounding community and housing resources available.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access Database applications.
- Leadership skills to develop and sustain a productive site during a demanding period of change.
Qualifications for the Position:
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience: At least two years in a supervisory position. Additional experience beyond the minimum may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Language: Fluency in Spanish preferred.
Please email resumes to: Lanita McCormick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Housing Opportunities Unlimited is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or reprisal.