Housing Opportunities Unlimited Employment Openings
Position: Project Director
Salary: Competitive Salary based on experience
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Boston, MA
Job Description: The Project Director is responsible for the supervision and management of Project Directors and Assistant Project Directors. The Project Director is responsible for ongoing oversight of relocation activity and resident services at sites in the Greater Boston area and throughout New England. The Project Director will be the primary point of contact for the client and will ensure project contract deliverables are being met.
- Responsible for supervising and managing Project Directors and Assistant Project
- Ongoing oversight and consultation to on-site staff and ensure staff are appropriately trained on both HOU policies and procedures as well
compliance with applicable regulations (particularly with regard to relocation)
- Actively participate in identifying new business opportunities for HOU, preparing and
submitting proposals, attending conferences, meeting with clients, developing proposals
and implementing business agreements.
- Annually review policies and procedures to ensure they are current and effective in
attracting and retaining the appropriate professionals for HOU. Develop activities that
reinforce cohesiveness across staff.
- Implement strategies to coach, lead and direct a passionate, high-performing staff from
diverse backgrounds. Evaluate staff performance regularly to ensure they are meeting
organizational and professional goals and objectives.
- Coordinate the efforts of staff in order to ensure that required tasks can be
accomplished on time and within budget
- Day-to-day consultation by on-site staff and supervisors
- Monitor relocation/resident services contract compliance through regularly scheduled
contract reviews with staff and client
- Participate and oversee new project/program start-up activities including assessment of
community needs and review of client requirements, to guide development and
implementation of Scope of Services
- Create RFPs, Scope of Services, Plans, budgets and proposals
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan to track progress of sites
- Implement and/or monitor new staff orientation and start up training
- Manage the relationship with the client
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five to seven (5-7) years or more of experience in a senior staff position with
- Experience in resident services, affordable housing or other such similar fields.
- Experience in the full range of business functions and systems including financial
management, strategic planning, human resources, information systems and marketing.
- Strong ability to succinctly inform and inspire in writing and speech. Outstanding
presentation and listening skills and an open customer service orientation.
- Strong track record as an implementer that thrives on managing a variety of key
initiatives concurrently. Sound judgment and creative problem solving skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to interact professionally
with culturally diverse staff, partners and clients.
- High capacity for managing and leading people. Team builder with the ability to inspire
staff individually and in a group.
- High personal and professional standards and a reputation for integrity, directness and
excellence. Strong team orientation with the ability to respond to emergency situations
calmly, quickly and with a clear solution focus.
- Ability to implement and communicate federal policies and regulations
- Able to foster a collaborative, team environment
- Leadership skills to develop and sustain a productive site during a demanding period of
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Possess proficient math skills for budgeting purposes
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus, but not required
Please email resumes to: Katie Provencher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Moving Coordinator
Location: Springfield, MA
Description: Exciting position with fast-growing, national resident services and relocation services company available by providing moving coordination and assistance to relocating households on a major redevelopment project in downtown Springfield.
- Deliver notices and packing supplies to tenants
- Conduct unit inventories with tenants to identify all tenant belongings and the condition of these belongings prior to unit renovations or temporary relocation
- Assist residents in preparing for their upcoming unit renovations by assisting with packing and moving furniture (in accordance with scope of work being conducted in unit)
- Assist residents being temporarily relocated with packing for their temporary relocation
- Identify and tag furniture to be removed from unit to accommodate unit renovations
- Oversee professional movers when they are moving tenant’s furniture out of units
- Collect keys from tenants who have temporarily relocated to on-site hotel units upon their move-out of these units
- Identify units that have major housekeeping issues to the Relocation Coordinator well in advance of their scheduled relocation/unit renovation
- Responsible for completion of required forms, as determined by Relocation Coordinator
- Report any household issues or concerns that will impact unit renovations/temporary relocation to Relocation Coordinator
- Other tasks as assigned by Relocation Coordinator or Central Office staff
- Must report to work by their scheduled start time
- Must be able to lift and move objects that weigh 50+ pounds
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Some Saturday and Sunday hours required
- Previous mover experience preferred
- Reliable transportation preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Please email resumes to: Hannagh Jacobsen, email@example.com
Position: Case Manager
Location: Harbor Point Boston, MA
Description: Exciting position with fast-growing, national resident services and relocation services company available, providing Case Management services to low-income households at a mixed income development in Boston.
- Resident advocacy during resident appointments with management and in-home assistance necessary to resolve lease compliance problems,
- Referring residents to needed services,
- Working with families with school-aged children around academic progress and enrichment activities,
- Assisting with on-site senior programming,
- Conducting home visits
- Budgeting training
- All other tasks, as requested by Director of Resident Services
- Possess strong written, and verbal communication skills, organizational, and conflict resolution skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and some experience in the social services field preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Microsoft office and data entry
Please email resumes to: Theresa Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment opportunities at HOU regularly change and if you are interested in being considered for other positions not listed here please submit your resume to email@example.com
Housing Opportunities Unlimited is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or reprisal.